The Southern African Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (SAVCA) is a non-profit industry association, representing over 200 members in Southern Africa, who collectively manage in excess of R213bn in assets.
SAVCA promotes Southern African private equity and venture capital by engaging with regulators and legislators on a range of matters affecting the industry; providing relevant and insightful thought leadership and research on aspects that impact the industry; offering training and capacity building opportunities to stakeholders in the ecosystem; and by creating meaningful networking opportunities for industry players, investors and capital seekers.
The association plays a meaningful role in the sector by:
- Promoting the private equity and venture capital profession and industry in Southern Africa;
- Conducting topical research;
- Publishing thought leadership;
- Offering relevant training and capacity building opportunities;
- Hosting networking and related events;
- Engaging in regulatory lobbying and advocacy on behalf of our members and the industry;
- Supporting the transformation of the industry; and
- Providing guidelines and standards for the industry.
To be the voice of private equity and venture capital in Southern Africa.
SAVCA’s mission is to contribute towards a vibrant industry, where:
- our members have access to capital and can mobilise this capital into investments that generate returns, and deliver sustainable and positive economic growth;
- there is a supportive regulatory and tax environment;
- there is development and capacity building opportunities for all members;
- there is sustainable transformation within the industry and portfolio companies ; and
- guidelines and standards outline the professional and ethical conduct
- Ethical Behaviour
The Africa Private Equity (PE) News App offers readers up-to-date, hand-picked African private equity and industry-related news, two unique IRR calculators (basic and advanced), African and global exchange rates on the go, commodities prices and intuitive, user-friendly functionality. Stay up to date by downloading the free Africa PE News App from www.africaprivateequitynews.com
SAVCA has endorsed and adopted the new International Private Equity and Venture Capital Valuation Guidelines, formulated by AFIC, BVCA and EVCA and endorsed by a number of other associations worldwide.
If you are looking for private equity or venture capital investment for a business or concept, please refer to the SAVCA membership matrix which provides high-level information on the investment preferences of our members. By reviewing this matrix, you would be able to identify which SAVCA member(s) you could potentially approach.