SAVCA’s response to the containment of COVID-19
Kindly note that the South African National Coronavirus Command Council has announced a nation-wide lockdown for 21 days with effect from midnight on Thursday the 26th of March. All SAVCA employees will therefore continue to abide by SAVCA's work-from-home policy allowing for virtual meetings only, for the duration of the lockdown.
SAVCA remains operational and committed to its members and the broader Southern African economy. In addition to our weekly webinars, SAVCA has also created a dedicated COVID-19 resource page, an industry WhatsApp broadcast group and discussion board aimed at providing support to SAVCA members and friends.
Please note that our phone lines remain active. Feel free to continue engaging with us telephonically, via email and via virtual meeting platforms.
To join our WhatsApp broadcast group and / or discussion board, add +27 76 632 7005 to your phone contacts and WhatsApp us your Name, Surname and Company Name. We hope that you, your loved ones and teams are safe and healthy during this uncertain time.
- How to deal with SARS during the lockdown
- Media statement - COVID-19 Tax Measures
- Explanatory Notes on COVID 19 Tax measures – 29 March 2020
- Deferments Payments at the end of the financial year 2019-2020
Employment Tax Incentive
Introduction of a tax subsidy to employers of up to R500 per month for the next four months for those private sector employees earning below R6,500 under the Employment Tax Incentive.
Delay of PAYE / Tax payments
Tax compliant businesses with a turnover of R50 million or less:
- KPMG Tax and Legal News: PAYE and ETI update
- COVID-19 – The Benefits of Tax Compliance in Unprecedented Times
- Carbon Tax Registrations – Is SARS open for business?
- Immigration and Travel Restrictions related to Covid-19
- COVID-19 – Potential impact on Expatriate Travel and Tax Costs
- VAT, SARS and Covid-19