Inspired Evolution Investment Management
To Apply Email
Financial Reporting Accountant
Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant
Company: Inspired Evolution Investment Management (Proprietary) Limited, but employment
contract to be with its Mauritian general partner entity.
Reports to: Head of Finance and Managing Partners (Cape Town and London)
Managing: Support to management of group companies, funds and service providers
Location: Grand Bay, Mauritius
1. Job Purpose
Working closely with the Head of Finance and Managing Partners, tax, audit and back office finance
and administration service providers, as well as the rest of the team at Inspired Evolution, this role is
will provide reporting and accounting support functions to all group entities.
2. Background and Opportunity
Inspired Evolution currently manages two private equity funds, Evolution I and II funds with committed
capital of USD320m. Evolution I Fund was launched in 2008, made 12 investments and is a top-quartile
performer benchmarked against similar specialised global funds of the same vintage. Evolution I Fund is
fully divested with the exception of one remaining portfolio investment that will be exited in 2021. Evolution
II Fund is a 2017 vintage 10-year fund with USD216m of committed capital. Evolution II’s mandate covers
equity and equity-related investments into two principle investment streams: development and project
finance infrastructure-type investments in clean and sustainable energy; and growth equity investments in
energy and resource efficiency companies, and the value chains that support them across priority sub-
Saharan African countries. Evolution II has made seven investments to date with two to three investments
Inspired Evolution has expanded its African footprint and capacity to become one of Africa’s premier
specialised investment advisory firms in clean energy and climate-related finance and is targeting a
USD500m capital raise in late 2021 through a suit of new generation Evolution III funds. Inspired Evolution
has regional and country offices located at Grand Bay in Mauritius, Abidjan in Cote d’Ivoire, Nairobi in
Kenya, London in the U.K. with its headquarters in Cape Town, South Africa.
3. Roles and Responsibilities
• Preparation of the TBs, monthly management accounts and reconciliations of the General Partners and
Deal Team Trust.
• Preparation of IFRS statutory financial statements of the above entities and assistance in clearing audit
• Liaising with Maitland Mauritius to ensure all necessary filings are made to the regulator.
• Tax calculations are completed and filings with the MRA with assistance from Maitland.
• Cash flow monitoring, management and monitoring of bank balances and maintaining a close
relationship with bankers as well providing necessary KYC.
• Responsible for accounting function of Mauritian investment holding companies and African regional
offices established in Abidjan and Nairobi.
• Provide close support to the finance manager with various ad hoc tasks as well as assistance to the deal
team as required.
4. Ideal Candidate
• Professional Accountant with 10 years’ experience with strong technical accounting skill sets and
knowledge of Mauritian financial reporting requirements.
• Renewable energy exposure will be an advantage.
• High aptitude for problem analysis and resolution.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong quantitative and deductive reasoning skills and be IT proficient, particularly with Word, Excel
• Competitive package which includes annual bonus and share in carry (profit) at discretion of
• Ability and willingness to travel to regional offices.
6. Employment Equity
Preference will be given to candidates that are female and of African ethnicity.
Tel : +27 (0)21 702 1290
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status,
or disability status.