To Apply Email
Research and Communications Manager | SAVCA
SAVCA is looking for an energetic, service-orientated Research and Communications Manager to join its small and close-knit team to support the association’s work in promoting the private equity and venture capital industry in Southern Africa.
This role will be filled by a generalist with a background in research (conducting or managing research projects) who has the necessary skills, personality profile and demonstrated experience to handle the following core functions:
- Manage SAVCA research projects;
- Negotiating partnership agreements on behalf of SAVCA;
- Manage SAVCA communications;
- Content i.e. newsletters, media releases, mailers, website, etc.
- Channels i.e. print, social media, web, etc.
It is essential that this person has the capacity to function professionally, efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced and sophisticated financial-services environment.
Let us know if you are the right person for this position.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your CV
- At least three traceable references
- A note on why you believe you are the right person for this position
- Your salary expectations
The Southern African Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (SAVCA) is the industry body and public policy advocate for private equity and venture capital in Southern Africa, representing over R171 billion in assets under management, through 180 members. SAVCA promotes Southern Africa private equity and venture capital by engaging with regulators and legislators on a range of matters affecting the industry, providing relevant and insightful research on aspects of the industry, offering training on private equity and creating meaningful networking opportunities for industry players, and embark on strategic projects that will benefit the growth of the industry.
To be the champion for private equity and venture capital in Southern Africa.
SAVCA’s Core Focus Areas:
- Promote private equity and venture capital with investors and capital seekers
- Relevant research
- Training for SAVCA’s stakeholders
- Networking and events
- Legal and regulatory advocacy
- Provision of guidelines and standards for the industry
Key activities include: manage SAVCA research projects from end-to-end, negotiating partnership agreements on behalf of SAVCA, providing support to the SAVCA sub-committees allocated to this role, content development, manage SAVCA communication channels, participate in SAVCA projects such as the conference, industry awards, etc, manage stakeholders and relationships related to the role.
1. Manage SAVCA research projects from end-to-end
- Co-develop and execute the research plans with the SAVCA CEO/Head of Operations based on strategic objectives identified by the Board.
- Oversee research produced by service providers, through general support and by contributing to thought leadership.
- Manage all research projects and processes using project management principles i.e. planning, execution, oversee creative design of research report, etc.
- Manage the relationships and contracting with research service providers.
- Liaise with PR Agency and implement the PR plan per research project.
- Support the research sub-committee and provide regular updates on progress.
2. Negotiating partnership agreements on behalf of SAVCA
- Engage with third parties to determine a mutual beneficial relationship, in line with SAVCA objectives, and negotiate a suitable partnership agreement.
- Manage the relationship with strategic partners i.e. media, associations, members, etc to ensure the agreement is executed accordingly.
- Monitor SAVCA branding and presence to ensure it is up-to-date on all partnership platforms.
3. Content development
- Develop content for the SAVCA quarterly newsletter.
- Create the bi-monthly SAVCA events mailer.
- Create and disseminate ad-hoc mailers as required by the SAVCA team.
- Review of media releases prior to dissemination.
- Create relevant content (e.g. printed magazine/publication, videos, programmes) for SAVCA projects such as the annual conference, industry awards, etc.
- Contract and manage service providers needed from time-to-time to assist with content creation.
4. Manage SAVCA communication channels
- Manage the SAVCA website (content, look-and-feel, updates).
- Manage SAVCA social media platforms (existing i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr) and identify future social media platforms relevant to the industry and
- association objectives.
5. Operational Matters
- Support the board and sub-committees with initiatives, meetings and relevant documentation.
- Compile, monitor and report on SAVCA budgets relevant to this role.
- Manage relationships and contracts with service providers relevant to this role.
- Evaluate and report on the implementation of the key focus areas of this role.
1. Personal qualities
SAVCAs Research and Communications Manager will have the following personal qualities:
- Personable, presentable and professional
- Detail orientated
- A positive, pro-active problem-solving approach
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Integrity and honesty
- Ability to work in a team
- Hunger for learning and personal growth
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills
- Level of maturity to manage competing demands
- Eagerness to learn and make a positive contribution
- Appreciate the value of the industry and SAVCAs purpose
2. Education, experience and skills
SAVCA’s Research and Communications Manager should have the following education, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification, in business, communication, PR, marketing, project management – or a related field.
- Web/social media skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- At least five years’ working experience that is relevant to this position.
- Mastery of office-relevant software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.