SAVCA’s response to the containment of COVID-19
Kindly note that the South African National Coronavirus Command Council has announced a nation-wide lockdown for 21 days with effect from midnight on Thursday the 26th of March. All SAVCA employees will therefore continue to abide by SAVCA's work-from-home policy allowing for virtual meetings only, for the duration of the lockdown.
SAVCA remains operational and committed to its members and the broader Southern African economy. In addition to our weekly webinars, SAVCA has also created a dedicated COVID-19 resource page, an industry WhatsApp broadcast group and discussion board aimed at providing support to SAVCA members and friends.
Please note that our phone lines remain active. Feel free to continue engaging with us telephonically, via email and via virtual meeting platforms.
To join our WhatsApp broadcast group and / or discussion board, add +27 76 632 7005 to your phone contacts and WhatsApp us your Name, Surname and Company Name. We hope that you, your loved ones and teams are safe and healthy during this uncertain time.
- 08/05/2020 - May a pension fund or provident fund lawfully pay special relief benefits to employed members in Covid-19 related financial distress?
- 24/04/2020 - The Health and Safety Implications of Remote Working in light of Covid-19 Working from home
- 10/04/2020 - What you need to know about the amendments to the Covid-19 temporary employer/employee relief scheme ('C-19 TERS')
- 18/03/2020 - Recommendations for employers in addressing Covid-19
- Covid-19: Q&A Guideline for Employers: The Lowdown on the Lockdown
- 21/04/2020 - Covid-19: Directive to financial institutions on precautionary measures when performing essential financial services
- 21/04/2020 - Covid-19: Employment relief and reputational risk for banks and insurers
- 03/04/2020 - Covid-19: A Profitable Opportunity for Cyber-Criminals
- 02/04/2020 - Covid-19: Pension boards may assist financially distressed employers & employees
- 23/03/2020 - Employment and health & safety implications of the COVID-19 disaster management regulations
- 23/03.2020 - Covid-19 will impact employers: how bad can things get?
- 17/03/2020 - Workplace preparedness guideline on Covid-19 released by Department of Employment & Labour
- 06/03/2020 - Covid-19: Implications for employers